As someone once said, “A smile can be the most beautiful thing in life.” But what if smiling is uncomfortable? Maybe you have some crooked, misaligned teeth or gaps that cause embarrassment.
Perhaps it is time for braces! Invisalign is a great option to get a confident smile.
What Types of Braces Are Available?
Braces are designed to address tooth alignment issues by putting pressure on the teeth in order to move them into a straighter position. People are generally familiar with traditional braces that use stainless steel wires and brackets.
Today, however, removable tooth aligners have become popular for those who do not need major adjustments or have severe orthodontic problems. Invisalign is the most prominent brand of these aligners.
Invisalign tooth aligners are removable acrylic trays that effectively straighten teeth while being virtually invisible. Somewhat like a simple and discrete mouthguard, the trays are replaced about every two weeks, using a new set.
10 Reasons Why We Love Invisalign
Invisalign clear braces provide an effective solution for many teeth alignment issues. They are used by over 5 million people worldwide. We love them because:
- They are more aesthetically pleasing, being almost invisible inside your mouth. (And, you don’t get food particles stuck in the aligners, as with traditional braces.)
- Aligners are easy to remove on your own, enhancing the wearer’s comfort and usage flexibility. They can be removed for short periods to eat or drink something, or when cleaning your teeth.
- They are gentle on the mouth and gums, with no wires and brackets to scrape, irritate or damage soft tissue.
- They are custom-made; easy, light and comfortable to wear.
- The treatment is driven by a computerized plan to overcome some traditional trial and error.
- Invisalign wearers can eat all types of foods without restrictions.
- You can brush and floss normally.
- There are no emergencies because if an aligner is damaged, wearers already have a replacement supply on-hand.
- The aligners protect the teeth if you grind or clench your teeth at night.
- Aligners achieve quicker results than traditional braces.
What’s Involved with Invisalign Treatment?
At your first meeting with your Orthodontist, he will evaluate your needs to ensure that Invisalign is appropriate. Then, a digital impression of your teeth will be made and sent to Invisalign’s labs.
Invisalign will use its advanced computer technology to produce a sequence of specifically made aligners for you. You’ll wear each aligner for about two weeks, replacing them with a new set designed to gradually move your teeth.
An office visit will be scheduled about every six weeks to monitor progress and to provide you with the next set of aligners.
Choose an Expert Orthodontist You Can Rely On
When you want to choose braces, contact Reese Orthodontics, The Smile People, based in Charleston, SC. Over 11,000 people have trusted us to transform smiles and their lives. Great options. Great service. Great results.