Invisalign from Reese Orthodontics: Your Answer for Straighter TeethThere are so many reasons why you would want to have well-aligned teeth without wearing traditional braces. Invisalign clear aligners are the answer if you are searching for a convenient yet effective barely there orthodontic treatment. Remove them for picture day, first dates, or business presentations. Better yet, keep them in without anyone knowing you are wearing them. In Charleston, South Carolina, Reese Orthodontics is your premier Invisalign provider. Read on to learn more, or contact our friendly administrative team to book your complimentary
What is Invisalign?Invisalign aligners consist of clear, plastic trays that, like braces, will straighten your teeth over time by gently assisting your teeth to move into the desired position. Our team custom makes your treatment plan, and the physical trays fit like a glove using state-of-the-art 3D scanning technology. Throughout the course of treatment, Dr. Reese and his team will closely monitor your progress to ensure everything is on the right track. In addition, these progress checks will determine when you will need to begin using the next set of Invisalign trays in your treatment plan. One of the most significant benefits of using Invisalign is the ability to remove them from your mouth entirely when you eat, brush, and floss your teeth. Better yet, with Invisalign, you can see a computer-generated image of what your results should look like before you start your treatment.
What Complications Can Invisalign Help With?Invisalign aligners can help correct many malocclusions, commonly known as misaligned bites. Examples of this are crossbites, overbites, crowded teeth, gapped teeth, over-spacing, and underbites. The best way to determine if you have a dental concern that can be corrected with Invisalign is to visit a trusted Invisalign preferred provider, such as Reese Orthodontics.
Who Can Use Invisalign?Although Invisalign is regarded as an incredible orthodontic treatment, it’s essential to understand that they are not necessarily the best option for everyone. Patients having more severe misalignments in the jaw or bone structure may not benefit from Invisalign the way someone else might. Your Charleston board-certified orthodontist will complete a comprehensive assessment before making a recommendation for you.
How Does Invisalign Help?Like any teeth straightening procedure, Invisalign benefits your esthetics and oral health. Choosing Invisalign clear aligners provides several benefits to our patients, such as:
- Invisalign aligners are surprisingly subtle. The discreet-looking trays are designed so you can wear them without anyone knowing you have them on.
- Invisalign clear aligners are comfortable to wear. Being made from a soft and smooth medical-grade polymer, Invisalign is well known for being gentle on the sensitive tissues of the mouth.
- Treatment with Invisalign is incredibly convenient. Having the ability to remove your trays from your mouth means that you can eat, drink, brush, and floss as enjoyably and easily as you did before wearing an orthodontic device.
- Your confidence will soar with Invisalign.You can feel great knowing you are taking steps towards a beautiful smile without feeling shy about having food caught in your braces!
- Your oral health will be top-notch.Brackets, wires, and elastics can be a breeding ground for bacteria. Clear aligners are simple to maintain and allow for thorough oral hygiene.
- Invisalign delivers results.When it comes to correcting a bad bite, time and time again, Invisalign gets our clients to their desired outcome. Say goodbye to underbites, overbites, and everything in between with this time-tested orthodontic treatment.
What Does an Invisalign Treatment Plan Consist Of?At Reese Orthodontics, we take the time to walk our clients through their customized treatment plans from start to finish, including answering all questions to ensure they are at ease with the process. Here is what you can expect when working with our Charleston, SC, orthodontic team:
- Complementary Consultation. Dr. Reese and his team believe every treatment is best started with a consultation to ensure that Invisalign is the best option for your unique needs and goals.
- 3D Imaging. Your first appointments will consist of having an intraoral scan of your teeth to create your digital impressions. These impressions will be sent with your personalized treatment plan to Invisalign for processing.
- Invisalign Production. Your 3D images and recommended treatment plan will determine the exact sequence of aligners created just for you.
- Progress Tracking. Over the course of treatment, approximately every six weeks, you will visit our office so we can assess how the teeth are adjusting. Dr. Reese will update you on your plan and tell you when to switch to the next trays in your sequence.
How Long Does Invisalign Treatment Take?The most common question is, ‘How long will my Invisalign treatment take?’ While there is no exact answer for this that will apply to every single patient we see, an average treatment time is between 12 to 18 months. Every case is completely unique, so to determine exactly how long it would take to create the smile of your dreams, we recommend booking an Invisalign consultation at Reese Orthodontics to get an estimate for your treatment time.
Invisalign Usage and CareTaking good care of your clear aligners will ensure an optimal treatment. Here is how to care for your Invisalign system:
- Tip #1: rinse your aligner trays with water when you remove them from your mouth. Skipping this simple and vital step will cause a buildup of bacteria that will cause an unpleasant taste and odor.
- Tip #2: clean your Invisalign trays daily. Once a day, use an unscented, un-dyed antibacterial soap to clean your clear aligners. Simply and gently lather your trays with warm water and soap in your hands and rinse thoroughly. Note that soaps containing colors can tint your trays, causing an unnatural tinge of color, and ones with scents can leave a soapy-tasting residue.
- Tip #3: avoid bacteria buildup by brushing and flossing well after eating before placing your Invisalign trays back into your mouth.
- Tip #4: when you remove your trays, the best practice is to place them directly back into their case to avoid misplacing them or throwing them in the garbage.
Are There Any Risks to Using Invisalign?The great news about Invisalign is that not only are they incredibly effective, but they are relatively risk-free to wear! The biggest concern about using clear aligners is not adhering to the program and having your teeth progress slowly or move back to their original positions.
Dr. Reese has successfully reinvented his Charleston, SC, clients’ smiles because they follow his guidance and adhere to the treatment plan. If you worry about your child or yourself not wearing the appliance for the recommended 22 hours a day, you may find that you are better suited for another treatment option.